TROUBLESHOOTING & INSTALLATION
Why is the “General Descriptions” button red?
When the general description button is red, it means you are in a Free Trial version, and it’s about to expire. You can buy a new license by clicking the “General Description” button and clicking “Extend License” or “Buy Now”.
If you bought a license and the button is still red, try to reboot Revit.
A red button with the caption “Download new version” is appearing on the Environment ribbon. What should I do?
When a new version of Revit is available, Environment will automatically notify you and offer to download and install the update. However, if you missed the notification, you could still download the new version from the Environment ribbon. Just remember to save your current project and click on the button.
Once the update is installed, you’ll need to reboot Revit to start working with the version.
While installing the Environment plugin, I ran into an error, what do I do?
If you encounter an error while installing the plugin, there are several things you can try to resolve the issue.
First, check that your system meets the Environment’s system requirements.
You can also try reinstalling Environment. If the issue persists, please check if Revit is installed correctly.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, please contact our support team.
Why are some of Environment’s tools disabled?
There might be a few reasons:
- Your license is expired, and you will only see the ‘general description’ button or a red button next to it that says, ‘Buy Now.’
- Your license is being used on another computer, and you will see the ‘access control’ button next to the ‘general description.’
- Some features work only on specific views (plan / 3D), try to switch between views to see if the tool is available.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- If you have a multi-user license, click on the ‘access control’ button. A list of all computers actively using Environment will appear, and you can select one of them and close its license. If this does not work, reboot Revit.
- If you have a (floating) single-user license, a message will appear; click on OK. If this does not work, reboot Revit.
How can I contact your support team?
How can I report a bug or a technical issue with Environment for Revit®?
If you encounter a bug or technical issue while using Environment for Revit, please reach out to our support team via email or our website. Be sure to provide as much information as possible about the issue, including any error messages you may have received while using the software. Our team will work to address the issue as quickly as possible and provide a resolution to the problem.
How can I request a feature for Environment for Revit®?
I tried to use an Environment command and Revit® displayed an alert to contact the provider.
Consider trying the command on a different project to check if the issue persists. If the problem persists, try restarting your computer as it may help resolve the issue. If the command is still not working, don’t hesitate to contact your local reseller or reach out to us via our website or social media pages and we’ll be glad to assist you.
How do I download the latest version of Environment for Revit®?
After your purchase, you will receive an email with a link to download the latest version of Environment. If you have an older version, an automatic message may appear upon opening Revit to download and install the update. You can also download a new version in the Environment ribbon if you ignore the message. To update, save your project, click on the update button, and reboot Revit.
My IT administrator had limited my access, how do I download the update?
How often Environment for Revit® releases updates?
Why is it important to always keep Environment up to date and how do I know if I have the latest version installed?
It is important to have the latest version of Environment because it contains the latest features and bug fixes that help the plugin work smoothly in Revit. To check your current version, simply click on “General Descriptions” in the Environment ribbon in Revit, and your version number will appear under the “Version” line. You can also click on “Check for Updates” on the same window, which will redirect you to the download page if a newer version is available. To ensure that your plugin stays up to date, make sure to keep the “Auto Update” box checked.
It seems like Environment for Revit® slows Revit’s performance or crushes, what can I do?
Is there an option for a silent installation for Environment for Revit®?
Sure! you can install, uninstall, upgrade, and even activate licenses in silent mode.
follow the instructions below:
- Download the installation file or the patch file (in case you want to change versions) to every machine you want to install the plugin on
- For activating the licenses you would need to download this file to the machine you want to install the plugin on
- Open the Command Prompt on your Windows PC.
- Type the command to run the installation file with silent installation parameters.
- <Path>- path to install file EnvironmentSetup.msi
- <PatchPath> – path to patch file.
- <Envreg pat> – path to license activation file envreg 2
- Silent installation: start /wait msiexec /i <Path>/quiet
- Silent uninstallation: start /wait msiexec /x <Path>/quiet
- Silent patch installation: start /wait msiexec /p <PatchPath>/qb
- License registration:<Envreg path>/ envreg 2, 1111-AAAA-BBBB-2222-CCCC
Can I turn off the Environment plugin in a specific Revit version so it would not appear in my ribbon?
To turn off Environment in a specific Revit version you can search for the ‘Environment version switcher‘ on the Windows start menu, open it, and on the main window, you can choose which Revit version will show the Environment toolset.
CHOOSE A TOPIC